Alright folks, we got our first vape pen review for you today! The lovely people of the Power Pen Team sent us a very nice are package, and a pen to test. Now, depending on the package you get (we received the Family Package), it will come with either just the pen and three trays. The first is a gold concentrate tray that comes stock with each pen. The next is a silver concentrate tray also used for concentrates, but with a rubber cover. The third is the flower tip. Meant for herbs and concentrates, this is technically the most functional attachment. Oh, and it comes with a sweet e-liquid attachment. We also received a Halo globe and nail attachment, which we will discuss at the end. Now, let’s dive in to the wonders of the Power Pen:
1. Gold Tray– This is the most recommended attachment for oils and concentrates as compared to the other two attachments. However, the tray is quite shallow, so for harder concentrates like hash, either do not put a lot in it or pack it down. While packing it down can lead to quicker combustion, that is usually the primary goal of a hash smoker anyway. Overall, it is difficult to pack more than about three hits into the tray, unless one takes smaller hits, but the hits are very smooth, cool, and taste incredible.
2. Silver Tray– Compared to the gold tray, the silver tray is quite in-superior. Inside the tray, which is a straight cylinder, is two small half circles attached by a wick/coil. Unfortunately, there are small gaps on the sides of the halfcircles, so more crumbly concentrates can fall under the wick and coil. Other than the gaps, this attachment still hit very clean, and the wick absorbs some resin for reclaim later.
3. Flower Tip– This tip is still in beta, so it is still being developed. However we received two samples of the flower tip to test out. We noticed that the spring on the top of the flower tip attachment would push the herbs against the coil if more than very little was put in. When we put in the suggested amount, we were able to get 1-2 hits per pack, and the herbs still combusted. Overall, this attachment is not so much a herb vaporizer, but an electric pipe more-or-less. It is still nice for taking a walk outside with a nice little pack for a couple smooth, tasty hits.
4. E-liquid Attachment– There was nothing too special about this attachment. If one has ever used a hookah pen, which is
very popular today, this attachment is similar to the tank which holds the e-liquid. The tank had a very cool sleek design, which matched the shape of the pen perfectly, while still being of fair size and capability. This attachment hit better than my $50 hookah pen, while being half its size.
5. Halo Globe and Nail– This was by far the best attachment for this pen. It was perfect size, with a very generously sized nail, perfect for oils and hash. It took only about 4 seconds for the nail to heat up and almost instantly create vapor within the globe. The hits were very smooth, cool, and the clear globe helps to see when its good to hit.
Bottom Line– We have here a nice compiled list of each attachment and its rating (out of 10) for each of its uses. Overall this pen is great for concentrates, like oil or hash. However, the flower tip was a tad lacking in space and combusted the herbs very quickly, but that is expected with a smaller vape pen. Here’s our stats:
Halo Globe and Nail:
This pen has a rather large learning curve, as it comes with minimal instructions. But, it’s not always a bad thing messing up with weed. We held the button for much longer than necessary, giving much bigger hits. It was not until we were about to pass out that we realized the button only needs to be held for a couple seconds for the attachments above. We highly recommend this pen for someone who wants a compact, light weight, and affordable pen that is sleek, cool, and of course, gets you nice and baked. Check out Power Pen and pick up your pen today!
Have you used the Power Pen? How do you like it? LET US KNOW